When you’ve got a problem with your heating, air conditioning or ducts, it’s hard to know which way to turn. With so many options, it’s often difficult to tell whether you have called in the right company, especially when you are not familiar with the industry, equipment or processes. The key is to have the right people identified before something breaks down. Here are seven ways to spot a good HVAC company.
- The technicians are licensed. Did you know Virginia requires HVAC professionals to be licensed? Did you know that not all companies comply with this rule? When you are considering bringing someone in to work on important parts of your home, be sure to ask about licensing. If the technicians are not licensed, do not even consider using the company.
- The company provides products that meet or exceed EPA standards. The Environmental Protection Agency has standards for air quality, and those standards affect products and services provided by your HVAC company. Your HVAC company should be familiar with the regulations and, of course, follow them. (If you are curious about EPA standards, click here.)
- The work is warrantied in writing. New equipment is generally warrantied, but many companies do not warranty their services in writing. This is important because when something goes wrong with your HVAC system, it’s not just about the parts. It’s about the service people and what they do. Check to see if your HVAC company warrantees work as well as parts.
- The company provides emergency service. Not only should an HVAC company provide emergency service, that service should be offered 24/7. If the furnace breaks down in the middle of a freezing winter’s night, you need immediate attention. Some companies only offer limited emergency service. You want a company that can assist you no matter when you have an emergency.
- The company installs state-of-the-art equipment. When you are investing in your HVAC system, you don’t want inferior equipment. Some companies offer cheap brands, which might seem like a deal at the time, but in the long run, will cost you more because they don’t last as long or they don’t save you money on your fuel bill. When you’re in the market for an HVAC company, check the brands they use. Then research the brands to make sure they are the best in the industry.
- The technicians use up-to-date installation and repair equipment. As technology changes, so does the way it is repaired and installed. Quality repairs are made by quality technicians, but those technicians need the right tools. You want an HVAC company that keeps current with technology. If your HVAC company advertises they use the latest tools, you’re on your way to identifying a good company.
- The company provides quality maintenance, repair and installation. Some HVAC companies focus on one aspect of the business without considering that customers need excellence in every area. You need professionals who not only deal with problems after they happen, but can prevent problems from even starting. Find out how committed your HVAC company is to maintenance. A company that pushes only sales is a company that probably isn’t committed to all areas of the business.
Pride Air Conditioning & Heating will provide any information you need to help you make the important HVAC decisions that affect your home and the people who live there. For more information, call us at 703-330-6036 or email email@example.com.